Tuesday, December 29, 2015

scary movies

I know that Halloween is over but the spirit of spooks just never dies.
I think that I must have a pretty gloomy soul because I have been craving all things scary lately.
And soothing the desire by watching Criminal Minds and reading Goosebumps hasn't been cutting it.
So I come to you with my list of my favorite scary movies!

1. The first on the list is The Visit. Believe it or not, I watched this movie the night before my wedding with two of my new cousins. And let me tell ya, it is everything that I have ever wanted in a scary movie. It's funny and sad and terrifying, but not demonic. I give this movie all of the stars in the world.


















2. The Orphanage. This movie is in all Spanish with subtitles. But it is also one of my absolute favorites. It's rated R but I have no idea why... It is creepy and has SUCH a good story line to it. Highly recommended.






























3. The Conjuring. I wrote ALL about this one right over here.

4. Insidious Chapter 2. Not the first one. Not the third one. Just the third one. It of course had it's lame parts, as all movies that try to bring demonic creatures into it do. But the way the story tied into the previous movie was creepily brilliant and the spooks were a lot more spooky in this one.

5. Sinister. This movie, I admit, was pretty messed up and very much cray. But it was like an episode of Criminal Minds on crack and it was glorious! It definitely kept me on the edge of my seat and I can't wait to see what the second one brings!

6. The Uninvited. Classic thriller from the high school days. You will have to watch this one a couple of times to pick up the pieces of your mind from being blown the first time around. Great story, not the best acting, and Elizabeth Banks.


7. Paranormal Activity 3. ONLY the third one. The rest tried to hard in my eyes. This one had the element of an oscillating fan that made the creepy "what's just beyond the edges of the screen??" feeling so much more intense. 2 thumbs up. Don't bother with the rest of them.

Movies I'm anxiously awaiting this year:
1. Poltergeist
2. Sinister 2
3. The Boy
4. The Forest
5. The Other Side of The Door

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)