Sunday, June 30, 2013

warm summer nights

Everyone's favorite part about Summer is the warm nights right?
The temperature is high, but the sun isn't beating down.
The other night was this perfect Summer night.
I was driving home from work with the windows down and was so happy.
I knew what I had to do.
I texted my sister and said,
Wanna sleep outside tonight??
She immediately replied an agreement.
It was decided.
We took our blankets into the backyard and hunkered down for the night.
It was cloudy so we couldn't see any stars, but that was not the purpose for this campout.
The purpose was to appreciate the moment.
Because even though everyone is hiding inside during the day due to the degrees in the 100s,
We still get to appreciate Summer because of moments like this.
When you are so happy and the world is so beautiful and it's Summer,
So you spontaneously live like a homeless person for the night.
(Because isn't that what sleeping with no house for the night is anyway?)
This is why I love Summer.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)