Saturday, June 8, 2013

animal farm

I read this book for my 10th grade English class.
I loved it and so here I am....
Reading it again.

























This book is full of symbols.
So full, in fact, that it is basically a symbol in itself.
This books tells the story of the Russian Revolution through the use of animals.
The biggest lesson that I learned from this book is to ask questions.
I had one of my college professors tell me this too.
When somebody is in a position of power we put our trust in them.
We basically believe everything they say.
My professor would tell us ridiculous things to see how many people believed him.
We believe what our professors say because well, they are professors.
They are supposed to teach us the truth.
We believe people in high positions because they are supposed to teach us the truth.
We shouldn't just believe everything that everybody says though.
We need to have the ability and intellect to question.
We need to have the ability and intellect to research.
We need to form our own opinions and find out the truth for ourselves.
If we don't do this we will all be blindly led to wherever the speaker wants to take us.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)