Sunday, June 2, 2013

pandemonium

I just finished reading a fabulous book.
The title is Pandemonium.
What a fabulous title for a book.
This is the second book from a trilogy by Lauren Oliver.
It is a dystopian series full of futuristic thinking, corrupt government, and rebellion.
Just my kind of book.
There is just something about rebellion that I love.
I love reading about the characters learning the truth and standing up for it.
Fighting for it.
This book was even better than the first.
It keeps you on the edge of your seat and is impossible to put down.
Some of my favorite quotes from this book include:

"...That is what hatred is. It will feed you and at the same time turn you to rot."
"I feel suddenly humbled. All these people make a life from trash and broken things, living in darkness, breathing in smoke. And yet, they helped us. They helped us without knowing us, and for no reason at all other than the fact that they knew how. I wonder whether I would do the same, if I were in their position. I'm not sure."
"I have the urge to lay my hand on his shoulder and say, I understand. But the words seem stupid. We can never understand. We can only try, fumbling our way through the tunneled places, reaching for light."

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)