Wednesday, January 13, 2016

skin care routine























I hardly ever wash my face.
I remember to do it....maybe once a week?
But since I've been going to the gym, I have noticed that my face has not been the supple, radiant face it once used to be.
I decided it might be time to start taking care of my skin more.
So here is my "hippy" skin care routine.
Because I made it all myself, obviously.
I still don't wash my face every morning, but every night I follow these steps:
0. If I wore makeup that day I use a makeup remover wipe. I usually use half a wipe and save the rest for the next day.

1. I wash my face with 3 ingredients: Water, Glycerin, and bar soap. But it's important to use a natural bar soap like Dr. Bronners. See how to make it  here.

2. I spray my face with the same toner from my gym bag. It has half filtered water, half Apple Cider Vinegar, and 6 drops Meleluca (or Tea Tree Oil). The Meleluca reduces skin inflammation and ACV helps remove dead skin cells. Just shake before each use.

3. Last, I moisturize. I got enough coconut oil to fill my container (I used an old candle container that I cleaned) and beat it so it's nice and fluffy. Then add 10 drops of Frankincense and 10 drops of Lavender. (The amount of drops is relative to the amount of coconut oil. 10 drops each is for 3/4 cups of coconut oil.) The Frankincense helps protect skin cells, prevents wrinkles, and tightens the skin. Lavender helps treat acne and calms you down. You can use any oils that have benefits for your skin, but these are the ones I chose.

And then once a week I exfoliate for a deeper treatment.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)