Saturday, November 23, 2013

making a home













Anyone who reads this blog knows without a doubt that I have not enjoyed my time in Provo.
As evidenced in these here posts: 1, 2, 3, 4,
I have missed Cedar City with much of my heart.
So I went and visited a couple of weekends ago and I loved it.
But as I drove away I realized that I had to come to terms that that was no longer my home.
Provo is where I reside now.
So instead of struggling through the rest of my time here I should try to make it my home.
Instead of trying to re-create old memories from Cedar City I should create new ones.
So I thought about what is unique to Provo that I love.
And the first thing that I thought of was the people.
I know that I complain a lot about the amount of people here and the studiousness of the people here.
But I have also made some fabulous friends.
I absolutely love my job because of the people I work with.
I love the special education program because of the girls I have class with.
I love my ward because of the people in it.
I love rock climbing (obviously) because of the people that I climb with.
I love the people that I have met here because they make me laugh so so hard.
Provo is full of hilarious people!
I was more focused on activities to do that would make Provo a home.
But it's all about the people.
Because once you have those people that you just absolutely love then anything you do is one for the books.
And that is why I love Provo.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)