Wednesday, November 6, 2013

phase one complete







































One of these is needed after sorting through your possessions.
Remember when I said that I was going to do that "100 things" challenge?
Well I started.
I knew that I had to tackle my closet first and foremost.
There was just too many clothes in there.
I piled up all of the clothes that I haven't worn in years.
And the clothes that I secretly hate but was in denial about.
Then came the shoes.
And then the makeup.
(I don't even wear makeup...why was I hanging onto it?)
I had myself quite the nice pile.
I took most of it and sold it at Plato's and then the rest was taken to D.I. as donations.
And ya know what?
I don't miss any of it.
Not one bit.
I can't believe that I had spent so much money on clothes that I don't even wear.
As I was making the give away pile it was like a dagger in my heart every time I added to the pile.
How many cool adventures could I have gone on with the money spent on these things?
Well, the past is the past.
So I will just have to remember these regretful thoughts next time I find myself in a clothing store.
I am still going through my clothes slowly but surely.
Wearing clothes that I am hanging on hope for and then realizing that I actually hate them.
And it's refreshing.
My life doesn't feel so cluttered.

2 comments :

  1. i love this post. we are about to move apartments, and even though it's overwhelming, i am so excited to get rid of some things and simplify! XO

    the well-traveled wife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh that is exciting! :) Yeah, it's too hard to be tied down to so much stuff!

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback! :)