Wednesday, September 25, 2013

during the rain







































Tonight at seven o clock when my final class got out it was raining.
I finally got to use my umbrella that I have been lugging to campus every day.
Can I get an amen and a hallelujah?
Even though I loved the rain, it was a bit chilly for my holey jeans and short sleeves.
So I stopped in the RB to sit outside the pool and warm up.
(I know it's weird, but it works wonders.)
This was five minutes of bliss.
I had my headphones in and was listening to some sweet jams.
I had no obligation to talk to anybody.
I had no obligation to think about anything.
I had no reason to be stressed out.
I had no reason to be self-conscious.
I had no reason to feel inadequate.
Life was so simple in this five minutes.
And that's all I needed to motivate me to finish the day.
Just five minutes.
I could've sat there all day but then I remembered that eating is an important thing to do.
So I jumped back into the hustle and bustle of life.
And immediately wrote "Alone time" in my planner for the weekend.
Sometimes it's needed, ya know?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)