Friday, December 27, 2013

walking






























I've always loved walking.
Growing up I would walk around the neighborhood with my sisters.
When my cousins and I would get together we would walk around m grandma's park.
In Cedar City I would walk the streets with Tami.
And now I walk around Provo....alone.
And there's nothing better.
Most nights after work, especially recently, I have craved a nice long stroll.
So I put on ten pants, five jackets, grab my pepper spray and a shank, and head out.
(Can't be too safe, am I right?)
Did you know that the world is so peaceful in the middle of the night?
Surrounded by nobody else and an easy silence I can finally relax.
I can remember all the good things of the day and forget all the bad.
I walk until my legs are tired and my buns are frozen off.
And then I realize that I still have to walk back...
So I distract myself by singing out loud because nobody can hear it.
Sometimes, as I walk past the dorms, I pretend to be an R.A. and give a talking-to the the freshmen breaking curfew.
And it's a lot of fun.
So when Provo makes me feel so alone I just walk.
Because when I walk I can pretend that I am anywhere in the world. 

4 comments :

  1. I love just walking, wandering. Though now I live in the boondocks, so for me it's usually biking around randomly--it's a great time for thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah wandering creates the perfect situation to think!

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback! :)