Thursday, August 22, 2013

dish soap is not for dishwashers.

I am currently in my new apartment.
All alone.
I moved in a week before my roommates because I didn't want to be homeless.
And it is so boring.
Being alone and bored are a bad combination.
Especially when I don't make the wisest choices.
Last night I was moving in and decided to shower but I hadn't found my shower curtain yet.
I decided to shower anyways and...my floor got real wet.
Then I decided to wash all of my silverware because they were looking a little questionable.
I put them in the dishwasher, poured in the magic liquid and started it up.
I proudly told my friend that I had figured out the mysterious contraption.
I went on my merry way and started unpacking in the living room.
A bit later I peek into the kitchen only to find the most disturbing sight.
My dishwasher was pooping bubbles.
And a lot of' 'em.
I didn't turn it off cause the dishes needed to finish up washing.
(This is my logic?)
But the bubbles kept coming and soon enough I decided that turning it off would be the best idea.
I stood there in shock not sure how I was going to clean all of this up since I currently own very little.
I had visions of having to use the clothes I was wearing to mop it up.
And then having to wear them to work later.
I was horror stricken with the situation.
But then I scrounged up a lonely towel to do the job.
And this conversation ensued:

Nate: You used dish soap didn't you?
Me: Yeah. Aren't you supposed to?
Nate: NOOO! Definitely not.

And that was when I snapped.
I started laughing hysterically in the middle of my kitchen of bubbles.
Because apparently I don't know how to work a dishwasher.
And I could just picture Tamra Smith saying:
"Keeping doing what you're doing, you're doing great!"
Turns out I'm a terrible grownup.
I wish the best of luck to my future roommates.


















No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)