Friday, October 11, 2013

i shopped organically



So I have been wanting to shop more organically for while.
I know all the benefits.
I was just scared of what it would cost.
But today I tried it.
And I loved it.
The store was filled with a bunch of "granolas" just like me.
After I bought some groceries there I decided to head over to Macey's to do a little comparison.
And this is what I found.
At Sprouts Farmers Market I spent $15.17 before tax.
At Macey's I would have spent $15.66 before tax.
I didn't save much, but doesn't that show that you CAN realistically shop organically?
Here is the comparison:













At Sprouts I spent 40 cents more on bread, but it was worth it.
I read the ingredients labels and was astounded.
In the Macey's loaf of bread there is a paragraph of ingredients and 220 calories, 430 mg of sodium, 5 grams of sugar, and 46 grams of carbs.
In the Sprouts loaf of bread there are 8 ingredients, 52 calories, 70 mg of sodium, 2 grams of sugar, and 10 g of carbs.
Now, the Sprouts loaf does not have as much protein, fiber, or iron.
However, you can easily get your daily fill of those in healthier ways.
Basically, it's worth it to have less calories, organically grown, hormone free chicken, and pesticide free fruit.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)