Saturday, August 2, 2014

robots
































I always thought that robots would be the ones to take over the world.
I no longer believe this to be true.
Technology is the most unreliable thing-definitely not organized enough to control a species.
My phone broke.
And I suddenly realized how much we rely on our phones.
I should call my parents for help.
Never mind, don't have a phone.
I'll use a stranger's phone.
Never mind, their numbers are in my phone.
Well, what time is it?
I don't know, my phone is broken.
As these thoughts continued throughout the days of trying to get a phone and failing I started having to use phrases such as
"Oh let me check my watch."
"Hey can you e-mail me when you're coming to get me?"
(5 broken phones later and ya just about wanna cry 1000 tears.....)
I decided that Facebook would now be my main form of communication.
I got on my computer.
Broken.
(I should've seen this coming...it's been spitting out dust and smoke for about a week.)
So.....I went and bought a new computer.
That's just how life works sometimes.
And I can assure you that every single Verizon and Best Buy sales associate knows me by name.
And my hometown.
And my major.
And my dog's name.
And that's not even a joke.
So, no.
I don't think robots will take over the world.
And by the looks of it, neither will humans.
Cause we suck at life when technology dies.
I guess it's a race between McDonald's and Wal-Mart.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)