Sunday, August 10, 2014

travel


































I've been getting ready for Australia and holy cow I'm excited.
I started thinking about Africa and the experiences I had there.
I originally went because some german man on the street told me to live my dreams.
And I'm so glad that I did.
Or else I never would have gone to an impromptu Kenyan wedding,
been ripped off by a man in a shop,
lost my luggage in the city,
been proposed to by my taxi driver,
gotten lost in a Nigerian airport,
or nearly fallen into a poop hole.
I can't wait for the adventures to come next year when I hop on the plane for the next chapter of my life.
I won't be gaining stability or security, but that's fine with me.
Because I'll be gaining experiences that are once in a lifetime.
There's something amazing and exhilarating about getting on a plane to go to a new country all by yourself.
So, graduation, please come faster.

2 comments :

  1. It's pretty awesome that you're already getting excited about your trip! I'm kinda reaching the grumpy stage of my life when I detest airports (well, I have been in 5 in the last 3 weeks, so maybe that is influencing me a little)...I'm not too much in the mood for travel right now, just because of airports. The destinations are just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeah airports can be pretty bad sometimes! Especially if you don't speak the same language as the authorities haha

      Delete

Thanks for your feedback! :)