Sunday, August 3, 2014

time for a book






























"Growing up and feeling so broken and isolated I wanted to find someone that was like me.
As I looked for literature on the topic of depression I found that I was coming up short.
I found books on the science behind the disorder, how to cope with the disorder, and how to understand it.
This wasn't what I was looking for though. Frankly, I didn't much care about the fact that my brain had a chemical misbalance.
What I was looking for was a story.
I wanted to hear how someone personally dealt with depression.
I didn't care what a scientist, who had never suffered from depression, had discovered in his research.
I wanted desperately to find someone to relate to.
If I wasn't going to find that person in real life, I wanted to at least find that person in a book.
I didn't though, so I decided to try to be that person for others.
I want people to know that someone just like them is going through this stuff.
I want people to know that they're not the only ones.
I want people to know that they're OK."

I'm writing a book.
It's almost done.
Some of my blog posts I've written have been excerpts from it.
But, now that it's almost done, I'm stumped.
How do I go about getting it out to the public?
Is this actually incredibly stupid?
Would anyone read it?
Now would be a great time for everyone to give me their input.
Thanks :)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)