Monday, July 7, 2014

beautiful words
































I'm one of those people that highlights.
I like to buy my own books so that I can highlight my favorite parts.
So when I read a library book, a good 'ol dog-ear will have to suffice.
The book I just finished is called Insurgent, the sequel to Divergent.
I just can't live without my dystopias.
Anyways, there was some beautiful words in this book.
And I wanted to share them.

I read somewhere, once, that crying defies scientific explanation. Tears are only meant to lubricate the eyes. There is no real reason for tear glands to overproduce tears at the behest of emotion. I think we cry to release the animal parts of us without losing our humanity. Because inside me is a beast that snarls, and growls, and strains toward freedom, toward Tobias, and, above all, toward life. And as hard as I try, I cannot kill it. So I sob into my hands instead.


"May the peace of God be with you, even in the midst of trouble."
"Why would it? After all I've done.........."
"It isn't about you. It is a gift. You cannot earn it, or it ceases to be a gift."


Color fills her cheeks, and I think it again: that Johanna Reyes might still be beautiful. Except now I think that she isn't beautiful in spite of her scar, she's somehow beautiful with it.


Smitten right?
Yeah, they kinda gave me the feels.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)