Monday, July 28, 2014

solo camping

After work on Sunday I decided to head up the canyon to camp for the night.
(Having no morning commitments is the dream.)
I packed my bag with all of the necessities and headed up.
The evening was quite nice-
Filled with sunsets, timer selfies, swings, and hiking.
Guys, I don't know if you've hung out with me, but I'm pretty fun.
I like hanging out with me.
As night came I set up my tent under the light of the cutest lantern in the world.
(Reference pictures below.)
I really didn't want to fall victim to the squirrels and jackals as I slept alone and defenseless.
Night fell and I listened to the wind trying to rip my tent out of the ground and the fireworks from the valley.
I started imagining mountain men coming to capture me to turn me into soup.
At one point in the night I could've sworn that I heard someone outside my tent.
So I lay there for ten minutes, working up the courage to confront them.
I finally burst out of my tent with my knife in hand and.....
See nothing.
Cause my contact fell out.
Perfect.
Naturally, I spent the rest of the night standing guard cause there was no way I was hiking back down in the dark.
Don't worry, I'm still alive.








No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)