Tuesday, March 25, 2014

ok.










































Two letters, one very common phrase. 
But to me, this phrase used daily by many is a symbol of hope. 
.........
It’s OK to get mad at someone, but it’s also OK to say sorry.
It’s OK to be unapologetically remorseful, occasionally irrational, and overly anxious. 
These are the things that make us who we are. 
It’s OK to be who we are and it’s OK to be unique and it’s OK to be weird. 
It’s OK if you want to stay in your room by yourself on a Friday night; 
it’s OK if you decide to not do that homework assignment; 
it’s OK to eat that fifth cookie; 
and it’s OK if you burn dinner. 
We put so much pressure on ourselves to be perfect, but it’s OK if we’re not.
...............
So here these two letters sit, written on my mirror, to remind me every day that I am OK. 
Even if nothing is working out or I am making more mistakes than I can count, I am still OK. 
I don’t need to be the best, the prettiest, the smartest, or perfect. 
I know that I am enough because those two little letters tell me that I am all the time.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)