Sunday, September 4, 2016

camping























This weekend Derek and I tried to go camping.
Less in the middle of nowhere camping and more civilized camping.
We packed up the cooler, tents, sleeping bags, and chairs in the car and headed up the canyon.
But everything ended up being filled to the brim with no room at the inn.
(At least we got some gorgeous views on the way up)
Lucky enough, we ended up stumbling upon Silver Lake, which is something we visited on our honeymoon.
After reminiscing and wishing we had a canoe we answered the call of our rumbling bellies and headed back down the canyon for dinner.
Instead of camping we decided to just do the fire portion-dinner and dessert at a day use picnic area.
Now, let me just give a shout out to my husband for making delicious tin foil dinners.
And to Wolf Em Sticks for giving me the dessert that I have been looking for my whole life.
(Now why can't I have a fire every night just so that I can fill my belly with what it demands???)
Once we had eaten our food Mother Nature decided that we had had enough fun.
It started pouring and put the last of our fire out of business for the night.
So we packed up once again that day and drove home in the somewhat setting sun.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback! :)